Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 August 2010

Though she was born a long, long time ago, **** ****** should know

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes - I can hardly believe it was 8 years ago today that Mum died. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a Monday and Barry had phoned me to tell me that Mum was going downhill and I should come down. Jo and I made our preparations and drove down, but we'd left it too late - she was gone by the time we got there. Barry phoned again to tell me - we were between Dundee and Perth. I stopped the car for a while but then drove on.

Jessie Hamilton Stewart (nee Barr) was 81, but she hadn't been at all well since her fall in the bathroom at Foxbar Drive a few years before - and Dad couldn't cope with her after that. Here she is in her younger days - isn't she bonny?

Yesterday, we had a couple of deliveries - first the new bed for where the futon used to be; then John Lewis delivered the TV cabinet. It needed a little bit of assembly for the base, but Ross did this and tidied up all the wiring. Here it is now:


Not a moment too soon either - the old one was on the brink of collapse.

No comments:

Blog Archive