Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Blood on the tracks

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

So, still on the subject of health and medicals, I've to go back and see my GP again in 6 weeks after the nurse has done my bloods. I've started on a low dose of beta blockers and last night was my first statin so we'll wait and see how I get on.

Funnily enough, 6 weeks takes me to the time of my knee arthroscopies and also to my next appointment with the cardiologist - I need a medical season ticket.

I spoke to Barry last night - he and Helen have finally got the package they were looking for and both are now retiring at the end of the year. How does that work anyway, that Barry, who's over 5 years younger than me, is retiring?

Nice birthday present for Barry - 56 last Sunday - and Kieran was 21 yesterday. Not long till Ross' 27th and then Lauren's 28th - busy time of year. It would have been my pal Terry Edmonds' 64th birthday today as well, but he's been gone for a while now. The circle of life.

Got golf at St Andrews on Friday, followed by a curry - sorry, there I go again - I've mentioned that already. No golf on Saturday or Sunday this week, however. Might be the movies on Saturday - or possibly Pittodrie - or maybe even the CAMRA meeting - beer festival post mortem. Need to be bright and alert on Sunday as that's the day we're planning to go up Lochnagar, weather permitting.

Next week is looking busy socially as well - corporate invite to Gleneagles on Tuesday; last Wednesday of our midweek golf; then the Terry Edmonds' Memorial golf at Aboyne on the Friday, whilst we're off to a barbeque in Culter on the Saturday, then it's Boat of Garten weekend - our 50th outing in our 25th year!

Only 10 weeks to the wedding as well - look forward to seeing everyone.

Still no news of any offers on our time share exchanges for Oz and Or next year - I think we'll be struggling for the former - it's the middle of the school holiday season down there - may have to pay for some hotels etc.

No comments:

Blog Archive