Total Pageviews

Friday 2 July 2010

The Wombles of ......... Common are we

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/



Greetings from Reading. I'm using Dave's laptop for a quick post about yesterday. It was hot and steamy down here and Wimbledon was great - everything I imagined - and remembered from 1974 when Jo, Lucy and I were there. We didn't do strawberries and cream this time but we did have a large Pimm's and lemonade - nothing to write home about - done it now, no need to have another. We also sat on Henman Hill/Murray Mound for a while - lovely. Wish we could be there today - come on Andy!



We saw Andy's opponent today, Rafa Nadal, practicing - and he finished his session with some footy/head tennis - a la Andy Murray. He's pretty good with his feet - Dave told me his uncle used to play for Barca - he was the "Beast" apparently.



We went to Hyde Park afterwards to see Laura Marling in concert - excellent. And I didn't have to sleep on an air bed this time - and I remembered to lower my head and mind the beam in Dave's flat - I've still got the scars from my last visit.



Will go and shower now - we're going to the Guinea Grill for lunch today - Dave and I used to frequent it in the mid 70's - we worked in the same building and drank at the same pub, but didn't know each other then.

No comments:

Blog Archive