Total Pageviews

Monday 19 April 2010

Blogging again

If you're viewing this by the e-mail thread, check out the new blog I've opened - http://bvhill-walkers.blogspot.com/. If you're viewing my blog (http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/) on the web, then you'll see it on the sidebar anyway.

The football blog has details of Friday night's activities, but the less said about my golf on Saturday, the better.

The Sunday walk/climb convinced me that my cardio condition is beginning to have more effect, or be more noticeable - at least judging by the way Colin raced up the hill ahead of me yesterday - I always thought we were roughly comparable in terms of fitness levels, but obviously not. I had to keep stopping to recover my breath as we climbed - my heart rate climbs so quickly nowadays, then comes back down just as fast, it seems, when I stop. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor says at my annual medical in a few weeks' time.

I slumped in a chair when I got home and vegetated in front of the TV and the Sunday Times - armed with a glass or two of wine, of course - lovely. Today, I don't feel too bad - a little stiff, but not as bad as our last training walk just before we went on holiday - I was sore for days after that - trudging through the deep snow was no fun on that occasion.

So, a day of rest today, then squash tomorrow, hopefully, and golf on Wednesday.

Not much else to add really - perhaps Jo and I might meet at Meldrum House on Thursday, on my way back from Fraserburgh. When I was last there, we said we would go back at the end of March when they had finished the rooms - we have to decide where we, and all the Lesinas, are going to stay. We'll check with Carole and Gary first, of course.

Talking of Gary, perhaps I shouldn't have wound him up so much. Did my last blog look like blatant favouritism towards Lucy? - probably. OK - this time, I'll just have a go at Jo and Kelly for not blogging more often - they definitely don't have the same excuses!

No comments:

Blog Archive