Total Pageviews

Monday 26 April 2010

Bad start to the week

Got in to the office this morning - still feeling a little under the weather with my head cold - and I was sitting at my desk when my PC alarm went off reminding me I had a Dentist's appointment in 15 minutes! My Dentist is in the south of Aberdeen in Holburn St and here I am sitting in my office at Bridge of Don.

I jumped in the car and, predictably, ran in to rush hour traffic approaching Market St. I tried to phone my Dentist, but had to leave a message on their answerphone. I arrived there about 10 minutes late - "Ian Stewart to see Mrs Bachoo" - "I'm sorry, Mrs Bachoo is not in today" - what?

Their computer showed the appointment had been cancelled - although I hadn't been notified. Apologies all round and appointment re-scheduled for tomorrow - when I was supposed to be in Fraserburgh - ah well, nothing else for it, I guess.

So that was an hour out of my day straight away.

I do hope the rest of today - and the week - goes better than this. Outlook is promising - lots of high pressure around. Golf at the weekend was good - even managed to get the shorts on again yesterday - and I'm hoping for more opportunities this week. I think Inverurie must have some kind of strange micro-climate, judging by what Gary said in his blog about the weather being wet and miserable.

Bennachie was one of the next walks on my list - I see Carole's beaten me to it. Jo and I still have to go back to Meldrum House and sort out accommodation - perhaps this week.

No comments:

Blog Archive