Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 March 2010

Harbingers of spring (2)

First of all the golf course is open again this morning - hurray! I came back from lunch with Dawn and Barry in Pitlochry yesterday and could tell things were improving - the broomstick was on the move:



Jo wasn't home yet from her lunch with her former colleagues so I nipped down to the Douglas to watch the Calcutta Cup match, and when I returned, the brush was gone! We had Luca overnight on Friday and he awoke gently with his usual greeting - "I had a nice sleep, Granda, did you?" Gary came round and picked him up and took Jo in to Aberdeen for her lunch and I headed off west over the ski slopes to Pitlochry to meet up with Barry and Dawn at the Moulin Inn (http://www.moulinhotel.co.uk/index.htm) for lunch. Jo was miffed as she felt she was missing out on a lunch! For her benefit, I had mince and tatties, Jordon had haggis, neeps and tatties, Helen had lamb shank, Dawn had steak and ale pie and Barry had the house speciality Vrackie grostel - named after the local hill. Here's some of the food:



It's a super place - very welcoming - and we had the pick of the seats as I was first in - next to the fire and the window, with the sun streaming in - we almost could have sat outside. After lunch we went for a short walk up the hill towards Ben Vrackie. It was a chance to give DJ some exercise - she started off all white and fluffy, but she was soon two tone - black underneath and white on top. She loved it:



Whilst uploading all this, Kelly's just come on Skype to wish Jo happy mother's day, and now I have to head off to golf - I've got to be back by 1:30 pm latest as I'm babysitting Luca this afternoon - Gary's taking Carole and Jo to the movies. I'll finish this posting off later - look out for instalment 2.

No comments:

Blog Archive