Total Pageviews

Monday 15 February 2010

Monday travels

Been to Edinburgh today - one meeting - an hour and a half - then home again. I was back in the house by 3 pm. OK, I still had some work to do, but it was easy enough from home and saved me driving up to Bridge of Don and then facing the journey home with all the commuters.

I travelled with Michael - he just got back yesterday after a couple of weeks' golfing holiday in Mexico and California. His body clock hasn't recovered yet - I met him at Ye May Gang Faur and Fare Waur and he was having a little snack there. Then we stopped at the Horn and he had another breakfast there! The downside was that, after our meeting, when I was ready for some lunch, his appetite had gone, so I ended up just grabbing a roll and some crisps at a service station - no wonder I had indigestion later.

I did get a nice cup of tea and a pancake when I got home - Jo has taken to making something that smells attractive at lunchtime to make sure Ross gets up at a semi respectable hour. Yesterday it was toasted cheese and today pancakes - and I was the unwitting beneficiary of the leftovers. Tea was lovely too - home made steak pie. Oh - and yesterday, my personal Valentine treat was that Jo made dumplings with our stew - super - haven't had them for ages.

Anyway, business is very slow for Ross - we've advertised in the Piper again this week and hope that gets some action. He's getting a little down about it, but it's still very early days and he just needs to stick at it and try to build up a good reputation for reliable service and let word of mouth help from there.

Tonight I was at the physio with my knee. He had a good prod around and stress tested it and his conclusion was that it was nothing too severe and, with a bit of stretching exercises, ice packs, ibuprofen and ultrasound it should be fine. I'm going back again on Wednesday and then I'll see how it is after next week. I'm missing my squash, but I've got to stay clear this week at least.

That's all for now - best take the bag of peas off my knee before it freezes completely - my knee that is.

No comments:

Blog Archive