Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 January 2010

Celebrity spotting

Did I neglect to tell you that we had a brief brush with fame last Sunday as we stood in the queue for ice creams in the cinema? Right behind me was Bill Nighy, star of many British films, including Love Actually, Shaun of the Dead and The Boat That Rocked, and he had roles in Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nighy.

Anyway, he looks exactly like the miserable, slightly decadent person that he usually portrays on film. He's impatient too - he couldn't wait for the staff to come back to the ice cream counter to serve us and flounced off to the screen.

On a slightly more surreal note, I almost literally bumped in to somebody that shocked me to the core as she/they said "sorry", almost in unison, but definitely as 2 separate voices. I've never seen anything like it in my life and Dave, Malcolm and I still can't quite believe what we saw. She/they was a small, slightly built two headed woman. Since the incident, we've been scratching our heads wondering how it could have happened. We obviously considered it was some kind of stunt - particularly as we were in theatre land - but all three of us believe it was absolutely real. I've done some research and it is possible that this was what we saw:



Abigail and Brittany Hensel – check http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/shared-body.html

Scary.

No comments:

Blog Archive