Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Incompetence - it does make me angry!

I was back at the dentist yesterday to have another impression made for the replacement crown - I hope she gives the lab a row about their cock-up with the first one. Anyway, she wasn't having that good a day herself - she's normally very good, but when she took out my (3rd) temporary crown it fell down my throat and I almost swallowed it! She had to quickly push me up from the horizontal position so that I could cough it out!

I was home early as a result of this, but Jo (bad back) had surprisingly gone off to her Monday swimming group, so it was only me and Ross in the house. We took the opportunity to move a few bits and bobs that have been lying around - the new music cabinet is now upstairs in the living room - I now have to figure out how much of the back I have to take out to get the hi-fi stuff inside it - there's no aperture for this in the cabinet.

We also took the yellow room headboard down to the garage - Jo had it removed when the painter was in - although it looks nice, it leaves a mark on the wall. The 2 old TV's were also removed from the computer room down to the garage - now there's a problem that we need to tackle soon - there's so much junk in the garage and we need to get rid of it before we can begin to tidy up in there.

Then I walked up to the Legion to have a chat with the guys who are coming on the golfing trip to Marrakech in February. There's been a bit of a debate about whether to stay in the resort hotel or just down the road in apartments/villas. The latter is more sociable but there were a few who fancied the hotel instead and when I managed to get a much improved price from one of the agents, we all agreed that it was such a good deal that we should go to the hotel. I went home content that we at last had a resolution and went ahead and booked the flights.

This morning the agent comes on the phone and gives me some waffle about the hotel not having enough rooms available that week - despite the fact that I had asked him yesterday and he told me it would be no problem. Very soon, however, I sussed out that the real problem is he had cocked up his quotation and it was now going to be 50% dearer! Words were exchanged.

So, today, it's start all over again - how frustrating!

I forgot to say that we had a nice day on Sunday at the golf club at our annual end of season match between Scotland & the Rest of the World, which is followed by lunch in the clubhouse. It's always a nice occasion - and the buffet was very good.

Incidentally, after many years of putting off, I'm finally getting round to completing wills for the two of us - but don't hold your breath - we intend to be around for a while yet!

No comments:

Blog Archive