Total Pageviews

Monday 3 August 2009

First weekend home

Hey - we're back - and I don't feel too bad. We stayed awake on Saturday - helped by me going to the Legion and finally sampling my birthday ale on cask - then picking up fish suppers on the way home. We were in bed fairly early, but I awoke at 6 on Sunday morning and felt good enough to go and play in the Torphins Open.




Dan Corbett had made the trip up to play at Torphins as well - partly because his daughter was in the process of giving birth (by Caesarian) at ARI on Sunday morning! She had been getting treatment for IBS, when the doctors suddenly decided that, no she didn't have IBS - she was 8 months' pregnant! Dan bought us a little shandy in the Learney to celebrate the birth of his first grandchild:




He subsequently sent me this photo of him and the baby girl (un-named as yet):


Like London buses, he now discovers that one of his other daughters is expecting in January as well! He always thought that he wasn't going to be a grandparent at all - and now, all of a sudden!

Jo went to our new Morrison's and bought some salmon for tea (not wild like we had in Oregon, Scott) and that was Sunday over and done with.

Today the weather is nice and I think I need to get some urgent golf practice in this evening!

No comments:

Blog Archive