Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 July 2009

Quick update

Yes, I know - I haven't been blogging this week - but I haven't had much chance - it's all been go, go, go. Rushed from my board meeting on Monday afternoon straight down to Balmoral, picking up Jas, Dick and Malcolm on the way. We had a wonderful evening down there - best ever - and even the midges didn't bother us too much, unlike previous years.

By the time we'd played golf, then had our meal - bread, cheese, ham and nibbles brought in and washed down with some bottles of beer - then I'd dropped off the others, it was 1 am before I was home. I was up early on Tuesday and down to Glasgow for a meeting at 9:30 am. I went over to Erskine to see Dad afterwards, but arrived at lunchtime so decided best to wait half an hour until they'd all eaten, so I just lay horizontal on the grass and took in some rays and gently closed my eyes.

Dad was OK, although looking frailer each time I see him. I took him outside in to the garden to get some air, exercise and some sunshine. He seemed to enjoy it and we sang a few songs together, but, after a while, he got a bit restless and decided it was time for us to part. Who should leave? Him or me? He wandered round the garden and tested all the gates - closed, I'm afraid - why won't the gardener open them, he seemed to be thinking. Each time he wandered back and just waved at me, and, after a while, I took the hint and left:


I charged up the road and made it home in time to grab a sandwich - thanks, Jo - before heading up to Torphins for a much delayed foursomes tie. We lost, but I didn't care - it would only have created further diary problems if we'd won.
Wednesday was thankfully spent in the Aberdeen office - baking. I played at Banchory at 5:30 pm and it was still over 30 degrees C - amazing! I had my best round of the season - gross 73, net 63 - but was only 5th in the medal - tough school! I did, however, get my handicap cut and I'm now officially a single figure handicapper again. I've been here before, but it was in my late 40's, but here I am in my 60's and back down to 9 again.
Today was Fraserburgh and tonight it's just catching up with blogging - check my golf blog for some photos.
Tomorrow afternoon, it's the Football Group annual golf outing - Lumphanan this time - then it's off to Harrogate early on Saturday morning - hope the great weather holds - there's now some doubt about potential thunderstorms etc - surely we won't be as unlucky as last year?
I spoke to Rob at Deeside Brewery today and I'm going to pick up my case of 12 bottles tomorrow. Next task is to design a label - any ideas for "Scolty Ale"? Picture of Scolty, or me - or both - or neither? Narrative?

No comments:

Blog Archive