Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 May 2009

Luca sleep-over

Gary and Carole dropped Luca off last night and headed to the cinema. He was glad to see his Gran again, and she was very happy to see him too:


I had been watching the golf and so Jo decided to teach Luca all she knew about the sport:

With his Gran around, Luca wasn't interested in "Nandad" and was happy to wave me off to the pub and have Jo all to himself. It was different in the morning - I was first up and picked him out of his cot and took him downstairs. He's a real breath of fresh air in the morning - so cheerful. He went down the stairs backwards and triumphally announced "I did it!".

Carole shouldn't read this but I wasn't sure what to give him for breakfast, but Luca soon sorted that one out - he went through the cupboards and found a small tin of Heinz sausages and beans - "beanies" - his eyes lit up and how could I refuse him?

And then it was off to golf. Tonight we're catching up with the last episode of Madmen - it's the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I was only 13 years old when it happened for real but we all thought then that a nuclear war was imminent and it would be end of the world.

Tomorrow it's off to Boat of Garten - let's hope it stays dry.

No comments:

Blog Archive