Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 March 2009

Birthday ale suggestions

Thanks to Gary and Kelly (I think!) for their offerings - the Jags connection and the knackered knees have given me some more food for thought.

I gave Rob a note of some of my favourite ales - Sierra Nevada, Bridgeport, Betty Stogs, Pitchfork (RCH), Young's etc - and he has responded with the following thoughts about potential ingredients/recipe:

"Grist of pale malt with a touch of wheat. Keeping this simple unless you want some small additions of light crystal or amber malt. Hops for max fruitiness...Bramling Cross, Cascade, and Willamette. Not sure yet how we would divide these up between the bittering and aroma additions."

We finally got our home scanner to communicate with Jo's PC - I did the initial work, but Ross had to finish it off as I couldn't figure out what was causing a communcation error - so expect to see loads of old photos scanned on her blog now.

Had another game of squash doubles last night and went to the pub to watch a bit of the Man U match afterwards. I didn't rush home because I knew Jo was out for tea with her old work colleagues and I wasn't expecting her home until late, but when I got back at half time in the match, Jo was already home - communication breakdown - talking about which, those two great talkers, Jo and Ross, somehow continually manage to fail to communicate basics - Ross had no idea Jo was going out for tea last night, despite the fact that he was home at lunchtime as usual. How can people say so much and reveal so little?

No comments:

Blog Archive