Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Tuesday - home early

Left work early - had enough - long board meeting. I drove back to Banchory to see the optician about my driving glasses - one of the lenses had popped out (again). He fixed it no problem but asked me if I had sat on the glasses? It was only then that I noticed that the lenses were sitting at quite an acute angle when you put the glasses on. I checked and I could still see OK and we decided it was best not to tamper with the frames for the time being.

I had a look at new frames when I was there - I've got a slight adjustment to my prescription and I thought I might try varifocals again. They checked my records and it was 1991 when I bought the last pair. Apparently, technology has moved on quite a bit, so perhaps time to try again. The only problem is which frames? Eyewise has a very uninspiring collection - perhaps I should try the new optician we now have in Banchory? May need some help here.

I also had time to nip in for a quick haircut - number 3 all over, in case you were wondering.

Chilli for tea, then Jo and I nipped out to the Potarch and the Feughside to do a couple of quick pub surveys. Reluctantly, we nipped in to Scott Skinner's when we got back to Banchory, hoping against hope that the beer was OK this time - how wrong can you be? I almost feel like reporting them to Trading Standards or Health and Safety - gross!

Still no snow - looks like we are going to miss it this time.

Today's archive photo is from which country - and when? Bit of a clue in the photo:


No comments:

Blog Archive