Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Poll results

OK - three of you have now responded - who's the latchy one then?

Seems like only one of you so far likes my lists and quizzes, so what else can I do to add a bit of variety if I can't do these features? I would prefer the content to be mine rather than just plucked from the web - and I don't do funny - although I could, I suppose, tell you more about daily life chez Stewart, particularly what Jo says and does - her blog is only the tip of the iceberg!

The following comment is definitely not intended to be related to the last paragraph - we were listening to Radio Scotland this morning and it was the news reporter John Suchet talking about his wife's dementia and how she's happy in her own world and really it was he who was suffering - he had "lost" his wife although her body was still there and he had the responsibility of looking after it. I thought of my Dad and also Dave Edwards. My Dad is surrounded by carers and is well looked after, safe and comfortable. Doris, on the other hand, has the unenviable task of looking after Dave all by herself. They're coming to Tenerife on our golfing trip next week - it'll be interesting to see how Dave is with Doris there, and whether there is any noticeable deterioration since our Florida trip in November.

There - I told you I don't do funny.

This afternoon, I'm meeting Jo at Stracathro and we're driving down to Glasgow to see Tom Paxton in concert tonight. We're staying with Barry and Helen and then back up the road in the morning. Will also pop in to see Dad sometime.

Here's some Tom Paxton from 1970:

No comments:

Blog Archive