Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 January 2009

Thursday update

Here's an archive photo from 2001 - both Cade and Braeden will know where this is - I can still hear the screams in my dreams - "Momma - get them to stop it!" - and no, that wasn't Kelly and Ross who said that:


Jo and I did the first of our pub surveys on Tuesday night - Ballater, Tarland and finishing up at the Boat Inn, Aboyne where we had our supper. We had originally planned to do Feughside and Potarch tonight (and eat out again) but, last night, Jo was later home than Ross and I and we couldn't find anything to eat. Ross was starving so he went out for fish suppers. When Jo did arrive home she told us it was spag bog for tea and it was out on the balcony - no wonder we couldn't find it! So that's what we're having tonight.
Last night I nipped out to the golf club's AGM - thankfully brief, so I got to bed at a decent hour. I was up and gone before 6:30 this morning and virtually first in to our office in Fraserburgh. The tedium of the long drive was lifted by Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour - this week it was the number one - Elvis' One Night was played and Bob, in his own imitable style, prefaced it with an explanation of the term Bowdlerisation - basically sanitizing art, including old blues songs and replacing them with lyrics more acceptable to the record buying public - especially in USA in the 50's - check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowdlerisation
That's your lesson for today.
Gary had to pull out of the Manchester trip and Carole (and her father) couldn't make it either, but Ross has stepped in to the breach and is taking 3 of his pals to Old Trafford on Saturday to see the Everton match. He's taking my car - oh my God, what have I done?

No comments:

Blog Archive