Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 December 2008

Xmas

Jo heard on the box today that it's Cyber Sunday today when everyone goes Xmas shopping on the web. That got me to thinking about what I want and frankly I have no idea other than the usual sweater/shirt/book/CD/DVD choices.

I can't even think of any specific CD's or DVD's that I've been hankering after. Not even browsing the usual end of year "best of 2008" lists that appear in all the papers and music mags can inspire me. Today the Sunday Times published its lists - they had their top 20 rock/pop, headed like a few others by Fleet Foxes - they haven't really inspired me yet, but I suppose I should listen to them a bit more before I write them off.

The Sunday Times also suggested a couple of music books that might be of interest to me - Philip Norman's John Lennon - The Life, and The Olivetti Chronicles by John Peel.

I half toyed with the idea of getting the BOSE DAB add-on to the sound system in the house - but then I thought to myself, how much more radio do I/would I listen to? You can already get all the DAB channels through Sky, albeit not whilst anybody else is watching TV - and there's probably still enough FM channels to keep me happy for now. Maybe one to wait for retirement.

On a separate matter, I've always wanted to go to a gig at the Royal Albert Hall. I tried in vain to get tickets for the Cream reunion concerts last year, but I noticed that Eric Clapton is playing his usual season of gigs there late May next year. I might consider that, although I do find him as a solo act a little on the bland side nowadays - and his autobiography didn't exactly endear himself to me. If it had been in the middle of the footy season I could have tied it in with a trip to the Emirates or one of the other London stadia. Needs more thought.

No comments:

Blog Archive