Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Back from USA

I got back to Banchory early yesterday afternoon after a long and stressful trip. I was sharing a villa with Keith Gray and Dave Edwards. Unfortunately, Dave is going downhill and we only discovered as we were about to leave on Monday morning that his passport was missing. We had to rush to the British Consulate in Orlando and get an emergency one issued - we managed just in time and the rest of the journey home was uneventful - although we had fairly long waits at both Chicago and Manchester.

The holiday was great - the resort was terrific and we had a good time, although I didn't quite manage to bring the trophy back again (I was 2nd equal with Syd) - Malcolm won it this year. The weather was great as well - we had clouds which didn't clear on the first two days, but after that, it was ideal. We used most of the on site facilities at the resort, including a nice water park which had a lazy river and a slide, as well as a separate area for the kids. Here I am sunning myself:


It's always nice to be home, however. Jo made mince and tatties for tea - great - and we then vegged out on last week's Corrie before retiring to bed before 9 - that was as long as I could last! I actually slept very well and awoke just after 6 this morning - perfect! Usually disturbed sleep patterns mean I awake about 3 in the morning - but not this time.
Anyway, we now need to get our holiday in Tenerife booked as soon as possible. I note from the various blogs that delaying our departure until Friday 27th March doesn't seem to present any problems for anyone - in fact, it's better for Carole and Gary. This is right in the middle of the Aberdeenshire (but not the Cornish) school holidays, so it's essential we get both the villa and the flights booked soon. Can everyone please confirm they are OK for this and I will try and book asap?

No comments:

Blog Archive