Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 October 2008

Well, last night's dinner party went very well - or so I thought. Jo wasn't so sure however - she's beating herself up about serving up cold vegetables and chicken. Yes, they could have been a bit hotter but it was only fractional, but her self esteem is low this this morning - she even thought her individual pavlovas - which were delicious - were too large. Here's the assembled throng:


It was a late night and it's going to be a slow day, but the sun's shining and I'm not playing golf till this afternoon. Gary and Carole will probably be over for dinner later on. Gary and I were at the football on Saturday afternoon - the Dons lost again - 5 in a row - but it was definitely a case of we wuz robbed.

When I went to see Dad on Tuesday I took him in to the garden. He wouldn't wear his coat at first, but only lasted a few minutes before going back inside:


Today's (very short) list is favourite photos. I always loved the one of Lucy and Gary sitting on the front window ledge at Caldecot Way back in mid 70's. More recently, the one of me flanked by Jo, Lucy and Kelly sitting on Lucy's settee was particularly good I thought. I can't think offhand of the others - I'll need to refresh my memory by going through the old photos again - oh, and that's another retirement project - to digitise the photo library.

Jo's clear-out has uncovered some old photos and she regularly changes the pictures in the frames on display in the house. Talking of which, Jo now has the old Fuji camera and will be using it to add some photos and videos to her blog.

The weather outside looks fabulous and I must get myself ready soon. I'm just catching up on some old Sky + Jools Holland to see if there's any music there that I should add to our video show for this Friday's headbang.

No comments:

Blog Archive