Total Pageviews

Friday 3 October 2008

Wednesday/Thursday down south

My golf blog contains details of my trip down south to Wentworth and The Grove, but here's me in my room at Pennyhill Park Hotel - the Yew Tree room:


It was a great experience and, although I was a little uneasy about the occasion at first, I did enjoy it. I even managed to get on a slightly earlier flight home last night, but, despite this, I still felt knackered this morning and, for once, could easily have stayed in bed for an hour or two longer.
Today, I'm just catching up after 3 days out of the office. I've declined to play football tonight and have cancelled my golf tomorrow morning - although I may go to Pittodrie for the first time this season - with Gary, hopefully. We're hosting our first dinner party for years tomorrow night, with the Pages, Grays and Bhagraths all coming round. It's proving to be a bit of a logistical nightmare for Jo, having 8 at the table, which has been expanded to its full size for the first time since the Lesinas were last here. Tablecloths and undercovers are not big enough and we are short of crockery and place mats, but I'm sure Jo will get it all under control and it'll be alright on the night!
Today's list was going to be favourite holidays - but when I started to get down to it, I realised I didn't dare include any of my golfing holidays with the boys for fear of offending Jo, and to put anything ahead of our holidays in USA would offend Lucy! Despite these risks, I'm going to name a few vacations that come to mind, in strictly chronological order:
Folkestone in 1972 with my Mum and Dad before we were married.
Benodet in the mid-late 70's when we had Barry's car, which broke down at the port before we were on the ferry - you should have seen Lucy's distraught face!
Port Grimaud a few years later.
Spain in 1999 with Lottie.
Kauai in 2003.
Boston in 2005.
No doubt I've forgotten a few that I should have included, but hopefully this will stir some memories.

No comments:

Blog Archive