Total Pageviews

Monday 13 October 2008

Another week starts .....

Our emergency meeting with the Bank in Dundee went OK this morning. Nothing was actually agreed but more time has been bought, which may allow us to consider changing banks. Frankly, virtually all the banks are a mess just now and all their employees are looking over their shoulders, primarily concerned about their own careers - naturally.

I've been offered the tickets for Old Trafford again this Saturday and so I've asked Gary and Ross to join me - plus Carole! Just waiting for Gary to phone Jo to ask her to babysit Luca.

I received our team shirts for our golf trip to Florida - just 3 weeks today! Here's what they looked like in the catalogue (citrus and black):

and here's what the real thing looks like - it's a rather grainy photo and I don't know if you can see the difference - but it's almost green - I'm going to get pelters from the boys!


Jo finally went to see the Doctor today - she was concerned about pains in her chest and memories of her Dad flooding back didn't help. The GP said she seemed OK but is sending her for tests, including bloods and a stress ECG.

Skyped Lucy last night and spoke to Kelly on the phone tonight (technical advice!) - everyone seems to be up for the 60/30 holiday next year, so I guess I need to get cracking now!

Jo and I watched Parenthood again last night - what a hoot! I think it's one of the funniest films ever - I couldn't stop laughing out loud. Which leads me neatly on to today's list - best films ever? Parenthood obviously - and also Father of the Bride - both Steve Martins - but I guess they probably appeal more to people of our vintage who've been through it all. The Graduate, yes and probably most of the Godfather trilogy, but beyond that, I'm struggling to remember significant films other than more recent ones like the Edith Piaf and Johnny Cash biopics and The Counterfeiters. Needs more thought obviously.

No comments:

Blog Archive