Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 September 2008

St Andrews etc

I had a couple of meetings in the office on Friday before setting off to meet Jo at Stracathro again for the drive down to St Andrews Bay. We had a quick bite in the golf clubhouse and then Keith and I, with Malcolm and his son Matthew, went off to play golf, leaving Jo and Annette to check us in and meet us after golf.

It was dry but pretty windy and it required an extra layer at times to keep the wind at bay:

A quick shower after golf then all 4 of us hopped on the shuttle bus to take us in to the Auld Toon. We had a couple of beers in Whey Pat then walked down to the Balaka for our curries - they were excellent - the place never disappoints.

Didn't have a very good night's sleep and we were both pretty tired on Saturday morning, but after breakfast, we popped in to St Andrews for a short walk on the shore. It was exceptionally windy - so much so that a few Americans who were supposed to be playing golf, cancelled. I'm not quite sure what they expected coming to Scotland in September and playing golf on the coast - I thought that was part of the attraction of the trip for them - different conditions from back home? - It doesn't get much better at this time of year - dry is good, and wind is expected. Anyway, here we are getting blown away on the rocks:





We got back to Banchory in good time for Carole arriving with Luca - they were going to a wedding and Luca was staying with us overnight. He was all dressed in denim with that cheeky look on his face - and his hair's getting even longer:


I went to play golf and Jo took Luca a walk all the way along to Somerfield's to do some grocery shopping - she met several people who made the understandable mistake of saying "oh what a pretty girl!" - Jo put some of them right but got fed up explaining to everyone and just let it pass.

I had a mini disaster on the golf course - the handle of my Powacaddy sheared half way round - I still had power but couldn't steer so had to manhandle it round the course. This morning (Sunday), I'm taking it in to the pro to see what can be done with it. I'll have to hire for this afternoon - it's Finals Day at Torphins and I'm defending the Learney Cup. Of course, Jo secretly hopes I lose so we will be one trophy less in the house - well, actually, not so secretly!

No comments:

Blog Archive