Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Monday evening/Tuesday

Didn't realise that when I set up Jo on blogspot.com that it was only a "trial" blog! I'm sure we'll see some interesting things there in weeks to come.

Foolishly we sat all the way through Chuck and Larry last night - pretty absurd formulaic comedy - not quite sure which side of the sexual fence was most offended at it! Jo's clean-out meant I also had to go through boxes of old music cassettes to see if I wanted to keep any. It didn't take long before I decided that she could throw them all out. It's funny, but I didn't feel the need to keep any of them, whilst, on the other hand, I find it very hard to throw out my old record collection. I still have a notion of a retirement project digitising all my old vinyl. There's also something more tangible, sentimental and collectible about old vinyl - particularly LP's - browsing the 12" sleeves was always half the fun - CD inserts are just not the same, even although they probably contain twice as much actual information - they are not as touchy, feely as vinyl LP's - well, at least that's what this old fart thinks anyway.

Next was all the old VHS tapes. There's a lot of good, classic films there and I was reluctant to throw them all out. I suggested that Jo try to find a home for them at some charity shop - but if anyone wants any of them - probably half of them are yours, Gary - best speak up soon.

The rubbish tapes have gone, but there were a few home/holiday videos which I'm going to watch before I decide whether to ditch or not. We sat through Gary Grant's home video of his Hogmanay party from 31st Dec 1995/1st January 1996. A twelve year old Ross flitted in and out, as did a 16 year old Kelly with her pals. The video rambled on for a while, with "Mr. & Mrs.", featuring the Kilgours, Williamsons and McWhinnies, plus some dancing and some pretty rubbish karaoke, with Jo heavily featured. The outstanding thing for us, however, was to see Johanne looking so upright and apparently healthy - even although she'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years before this.

Squash tonight followed by a swift pint at the Potarch - haven't been there for a while.

No comments:

Blog Archive