Total Pageviews

Monday 29 September 2008

Back to work

I seem to recall some time ago Gary made some comment about the Easybeats - a band from Down Under who were (briefly) popular in the 1960's. Their big hit was Friday on My Mind (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8) and it starts "Monday morning feels so bad" - today I empathise. I've got a lot of work to do and little energy or will to do it - but I'll get there.

We usually play squash on a Monday - usually you feel better for doing it - like Kelly's running - but sometimes you've got to force yourself out of your lethargy to actually get out there and do it.

It was an interesting observation of Kelly's that I didn't have any complete Roxy Music. I did like them, but they probably sound a bit '70's now. I think I may have one album of theirs somewhere - either in vinyl or cassette format - but I haven't got round to digitising any of their music yet - although I do have some video tracks on DVD and .avi files that we use for our headbangs (the next one of which is scheduled for Friday Oct 10th). Early Roxy Music is much better, Kelly - the later stuff after they re-formed following Ferry's lounge lizard period is pretty M.o.R.

Incidentally, Kelly - did Ross phone to fix your sound problem? We reminded him several times, but you know what he's like! He did make comment that the basic problem you have is that the webcam you are using is not compatible with Windows Vista.

We've never had any strange intruders on Skype - only Lucy and Kelly.

Bad weekend for the Dons and the Jags. I still haven't been to Pittodrie this season and I'm not sure when I'll next be tempted. Perhaps with the weather changing as we move in to October and the clocks going back at the end of the month, I might start thinking about watching footy again.

Gary - try changing your blog site to the same as the rest of us (http://www.blogger.com/home) - it's much easier to use and you shouldn't have problems uploading videos and photos. It's also an easier web site for us other viewers - no irritating "congratulations" pop-ups and no need to switch screens/tabs and scroll all the way down to view photos and videos.

I'm in Edinburgh on business tomorrow, so I think I'll take the chance to pop over and see Dad and Barry again.

No comments:

Blog Archive