Total Pageviews

Friday 1 August 2008

Thursday

Here's the reason why Lucy was housebound again on Thursday:

I'm happy to report that he seems to have recovered this morning (Friday) and should be OK for his first birthday party - and to go back to football conditioning, which he had to miss the last 2 nights - they're issuing the helmets tonight so he's looking forward to that. He's also been promised a morning at the family fun park in Medford, so we'll be heading off there as soon as everyone is up and has breakfasted. Birthday tea is at Applebee's after football tonight.

After Jo and I did a small shop at Fred Meyer's yesterday, I decided to book some golf in the afternoon at Grants Pass. I was prepared to play on my own, but, luckily, Scott got home from work again at lunchtime (things are pretty quiet at the hospital this week) and was able to join me. We had a fun time and Scott did pretty well, especially considering, apart from one game with Vic earlier this year, he hasn't played since I was here last year. The highlight for Scott was chipping in at the last hole for his par.
Grants Pass is not an overly exclusive or elitist golf club but some of the members like to travel in style:

Here's Scott preparing to tee off at the 18th:

I neglected to mention that Lucy made crème brûlée for afters on Wednesday. This was the Lesinas unique way of brûlée-ing the crème:

No comments:

Blog Archive