Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 August 2008

B....y weather!

What a disappointment - I was so looking forward to playing golf at Banchory last night but the persistent rain closed the course. What's worse, we had decided to play tonight (Thursday) instead, but the course is still closed - not quite sure why - it was a beautiful day in Fraserburgh, but not so nice in Banchory.

I didn't go to the exhibition at the Tor-na-Coille yesterday - I had a thumping headache and anyway, I had second thoughts about going - I wasn't sure if I could face the potential prospect of Roxanne handing out drinks and canapes to sweeten up the locals - and anyway, the principles haven't changed - apparently they've only made minor mods to the initial plans - the local Community Council have already said that nothing much has changed and they will still oppose the changes.

I've been acting as communicator with the local residents and have received several suggestions, one of which was that the hotel should be a listed building - so I spent some time this evening looking at the criteria on Historic Scotland's website for getting a building listed. They don't get involved if a planning application has been made, but I've asked them if it would be possible in the current position of limbo - I suspect not, but it's worth a try. The building was constructed in 1873 - if it had been just 33 years older, listing would have been almost automatic - if it had been done before last year.

Hopefully I'm getting back to a more regular sleep pattern now - it was 2 am when I awoke on Tuesday, then 3 am yesterday - this morning it was after 5 am - whoop de doop!

Having not done any exercise at all on holiday and I haven't attended the gym for over a month, I've decided to throw myself back in at the deep end and am playing football tomorrow night - I can feel the pain now!

Tonight it's TV squatting - catching up with umpteen episodes of Corrie and then the last major of the season - the PGA.

Still got a hectic schedule coming up over the next few weeks - babysitting this weekend, then Kelly's up next weekend; the Fringe follows after that - we've got tickets for 8 different shows - Boat of Garten, then St Andrews Bay, then Gillian Kilgour's wedding - that's the next 6 weekends taken care of!

No comments:

Blog Archive