Total Pageviews

Monday 14 July 2008

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Day 2 was spent at Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). My ankle was still sore and I was going to have to hobble around. I tried at the start but it was obvious I would just be making my ankle worse - Jo suggested we get a wheelchair - it was the best $10 we ever spent - at least for me - pity about Jo, Lucy and Scott having to push me around! The good side for everyone, however, was that we all got to go in the disabled entrances and bypass the lines! What a fraud I felt!:



This park is primarily for adults and teenagers - not as good as the Magic Kingdom for younger kids. It does, however, have two of the very best rides going - the Tower of Terror and Aerosmith's Rock 'n Roller Coaster. We couldn't get Jo to go on either and Braeden was too small for the latter. On the Tower of Terror, all I could hear was Braeden asking his Mummy to get them to stop it! It's pretty awesome when they take you up in the lift and then just let it drop - and then again and again.

The acceleration on the Rock 'n Roller Coaster is fantastic and Cade bawled all the way through it - I thought he would have wet himself - but he held on OK! He was fine afterwards and happily posed for photos with his brother:


More rain yesterday but it didn't really affect us. We went back to our complex and freshened up in the pool:


We had planned to go out for seafood in the evening but then another storm broke and Scott went for a nap before we got pizza delivered to our rooms. Don't know if this was natural or whether Mickey was "planted"!:

Beautiful morning today (Tuesday) - but Jo's not feeling well, so I guess I'll hang around here - not sure what the Lesinas are doing - the boys are still asleep.

No comments:

Blog Archive