Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Quick trip to Glasgow

Having let Dad settle in to Erskine (Flanders House, The Erskine Glasgow Home, 200 Dorchester Avenue, Glasgow G12 0BZ if anyone wants to write to him), I decided it was time to pay him a visit last night. I found him in great form, striding round the corridors and laughing and joking with the staff:


He was initially a little reluctant to actually go in to his room with me, and, perhaps, on reflection, it would have been better if we had stayed out in one of the common areas - but eventually he agreed and we had a little chat and a laugh, then I started to show him some recent photos of the family. After that, I switched his TV on and we settled down to watch a bit of the Holland-Italy match together. He seemed quite content and even displayed some interest in the football - something that he has lost in recent years.

He went to the toilet and when he came back, he wouldn't settle down again and started to put on his big cardigan and talk about going home with me. It wasn't too bad, however - he just got a bit confused and eventually he went back to walking the corridors (with his slippers under his arm!) and I went over to Helen and Barry's for the rest of the night.

This is a short video of his room, which is lovely and airy and very tidy:



I think it's an ideal place for him and I really hope he settles there - check the web site (http://www.erskine.org.uk/) to see what they do for ex-servicemen.

Barry was working late but I had a bit of toasted cheese and some apple pie with Helen until he came home from a school play. I tried out my new trick with the automatic "smile and shoot" feature I'd just discovered with my camera - do you think Barry's trying too hard here?:


Got up sharp this morning and headed off north east, stopping by Airdrie to pop in and see Dawn and Jordon, whose smile certainly made the camera work:

Still haven't got this feature to work with a female yet - but most are camera shy anyway, so I haven't pushed it! Dawn's got a new car:


Meghan got the results from her Masters yesterday - she got a 2:2 - initially she was a little disappointed, but when she saw what some of her friends got, she apparently cheered up a bit and is now looking forward to going ahead with her PhD.

No comments:

Blog Archive