Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 May 2008

Second half of the week

A quick 40 winks on Wednesday afternoon made me feel a bit better and ready for the evening's golf, and after a welcome full night's sleep it was then up to Fraserburgh the following morning. I hot-footed through the management meetings there and also in Aberdeen in the afternoon, allowing just enough time to get to Bannatyne's for a short session, which included 3 of the Powerplate exercises I had been given - like Kelly, I'm still not sure about the effectiveness of this machine, but I'll keep going for a little while.

Back to Fraserburgh again on Friday for our next update meeting with the Union, which seemed to go reasonably well, given that we weren't telling them anything they wanted to hear. They have asked us to hold follow-up staff departmental meetings which we're arranging for Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning - so much for a quiet Bank Holiday for me!

Rushed down to Banchory where Jas and I had a tie to play against the Thomsons - Stephen and Derek - both of whom Lucy will remember from school. Thankfully we beat them fairly easily and I was in good time to grab a bite before the golf club quiz night started (Jo was babysitting Luca in Inverurie). For a change, we didn't win the quiz but came in a creditable 3rd equal out of more than 30 teams.

The weather was again fair on Saturday and I enjoyed my morning round of golf (got my handicap cut again!) and also watching Man Utd beat West Ham at lunchtime, in the company of Colin and Dave.

Jo, Anne and Johanne went shopping for a mother of the bride outfit for Johanne and so Colin, Leslie and I met them at La Tasca, the Tapas restaurant for a meal prior to seeing Jethro Tull's 40th anniversary tour at the Music Hall. I started to feel a bit funny again and my voice went completely befoer we got home.

Undaunted, I got up on Sunday morning and played in lovely weather again at Torphins, but I still didn't feel right so I've been back in bed on Sunday afternoon. I guess I hadn't quite given myself enough time to recover from the previous weekend's virus - and it's been a pretty hectic week. I'll try and take it a bit easier this week - but it's looking busy again!

No comments:

Blog Archive