Total Pageviews

Monday 24 March 2008

Monday afternoon

I came home early to make sure there were no travel problems, but I needn't have worried as the roads were all black again.

I had sent Stan England our snagging list as he had sent his final bill in, and, out of the blue, his joiner arrived late afternoon - glad I was home. He fitted the vents in the windows, the loose knob on the outside rails and also the door lock - it was the correct key, but the door was just fitted a bit too tight. They had also picked up the old radiator from our porch - I've never seen Stan and his men spring in to action so swiftly - they must be short of cash!

Ross was a bit late home from work - but just in time to sit down to the pie beans and chips I had prepared. We have been eating square meals OK Jo - albeit mostly out of supermarket packets - it was individual curries on Saturday and salmon, broccoli and tatties last night. Bacon butties for Saturday lunch and soup and crusty bread yesterday - so we're surviving OK so far.

Ross left his car lights on this morning and when he went to come home at lunchtime, no power! He managed to get some jump leads eventually but missed out on his lunch, so he was very grateful his tea was ready and he wolfed it down.

Perhaps too much detail for the blog, but I thought Jo might want to know how we're coping!

No comments:

Blog Archive