Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 January 2008

Travelling

As well as my usual music downloads (which recently includes Cat Power, Ian Hunter, Joanna Newsom, John Fogerty, Miles Davis, Otis Redding, Bjork, Radiohead, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Thom Yorke, White Stripes and, I'm shamed to admit, Katie Melua - in a moment of weakness!) I've taken to downloading audio books for the long journeys up and down to Fraserburgh and Glasgow. The first two were excellent - both John Grishams, lasting about 6 hours each - a nice length - but I really chanced my arm this month and decided to download a classic Charles Dickens - Bleak House - all 36 hours worth!!! It's pretty hard going and I'm still not a third of the way through it yet - not sure if I'll make it all the way to the end - the combination of language and the multiplicity of characters that come and go, make it a real feat of concentration.

No comments:

Blog Archive