Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 November 2007

More builder stories/Christmas

I think we're getting closer to getting the harling done, but we're not there yet. I got a call from Everest's Inverness manager (Barry) earlier this week, telling me the builders would be out on Thursday afternoon. The previous Aberdeenshire manager (Francis) had obviously been moved off the job after letting us down so often.

The builders themselves called yesterday to look at the wall and had intended to come back on Friday to do the work. An hour later, I got a call from Barry telling me they would be out on Monday! Then this morning, the builder himself called again and said that, as it was such a nice day, could he come this morning? No problem, says I - I'm at home.

Half an hour later, the builder calls back again and says he's been told by Barry not to come here today, but to try again tomorrow (when the forecast is rain!). God knows what they're up to, but I hope they get on with it soon. Hopefully, we might even have Stan England coming along soon to fit the stair at the back of the house!

Started to think about what I might want for Christmas. We need a new camera but I need to do some research as to what's available first of all. As regards books, there's been a few released recently - Eric Clapton's autobiography, Ronnie Wood's and one by Peter Doggett called There's a Riot Going On.

DVD's - Respect Yourself/Stax Volt Revue 1967 and the Legacy of Otis Redding. There's also The Other Side of the Mirror: Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival.

I'll keep looking!

No comments:

Blog Archive