Total Pageviews

Monday 16 July 2007

Slaley Hall and Cornwall to USA

Jo and I left Banchory early on Saturday morning and drove down to Edinburgh airport. We decided to take the route via Stirling to bypass any potential traffic problems at Balado, where T in the Park was on, or on the bridge, where there are weekend roadworks. We made it in good time and I stopped off to have coffee with Jo before heading south to Slaley.

I had borrowed the Tom-Tom sat nav unit from the office and it was very helpful until I got to Slaley, where it insisted on directing me to the back of the complex and I had to figure out where the entrance to the huge estate was.

Anyway, all 12 of us made it and we had a super weekend at a great facility playing 2 lovely courses, albeit very wet underfoot after the recent downpours they had had. It was pleasant enough to play in shorts all 3 rounds.

On Monday, I had to dash off promptly after golf, grabbing a bun to eat in the car, to try to get back to Edinburgh airport to meet Jo coming back from Newquay. I was a little late, but Jo was engrossed in her book anyway and we decided to eat at the airport before heading home.

The rest of a short week was fairly routine, apart from both of us having trips to the dentist, and Friday arrived before we knew it. We were up just after 4, despite Jo only getting to bed at 1, and Ross drove us to the airport.

No comments:

Blog Archive