Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 June 2007

Week ending 9th June

I had an exciting evening on E-Bay on Sunday. Dave Williamson and I are going down to London on 30th June/1st July - we're going to see Lou Reed at Hammersmith Apollo on the Saturday but the original purpose was to go to Lord's on the Sunday to see the One Day international against the West Indies. We had successfully bid for tickets at the Squash Club's Silent Auction last year but Robert Strang-Steel, who is a member of the MCC and had donated the tickets, missed the cut-off date for member's applications for tickets - and the match was now a sell-out.

We found 2 tickets on E-Bay but Dave, who does this thing a lot, was travelling to Cairo when the deadline was due to expire, so it was over to me. I was under instructions to leave it until the last few seconds and then outbid the previous highest bid - which I managed to do successfully - pretty tense and exciting stuff!

I had a match at Torphins on Tuesday, which I won, and the Quaich was switched to Thursday this week - played pretty well again and I followed this up on Friday afternoon when we had a "board meeting" at Royal Aberdeen - the two Clarks (handicaps one and two) plus Kevin Milne of Aberdeen Asset Management. It was a glorious afternoon and Francis and I beat Michael and Kevin, with both Francis and I having birdie 3's at the last - great way to finish.

Friday night was down at the Douglas and when I came home, Jo was sitting on the balcony talking to Lucy on the phone. I took over eventually - and got chastised again for not updating my blog - hence this flurry of activity on Saturday morning before I head off to golf - looks promising again and I think I'll don the shorts once more.

No comments:

Blog Archive